Terrifying Encounter: Camping Friends in Washington's Pierce County Encounter BigfootIn a remote area of Washington’s Pierce County, a group of friends camping at Cedar Lake had a terrifying encounter with what they believe was a Bigfoot. The witness, Stuart Emory, and his two brothers-in-law were awoken in the early hours of the morning by a loud high-pitched scream followed by two grunts. The scream came from just 20 yards away, and the group was so scared that they lit a fire for safety. This experience completely changed their beliefs, as they went from skeptics to true believers in Bigfoot’s existence.Geographical Index > United States > Washington > Pierce County > Report # 60878

  (Class B)

Submitted by witness Stuart Emory on Friday, August 24, 2018.

Friends camping at Cedar Lake (10mi E of Wilkeson) hear possible BF vocals

(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2018

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 19th

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Pierce County

LOCATION DETAILS: You go all the way to the top of the logging roads which aren’t in great condition and there is a small and quite steep trail about a mile down which leads to the lake.


NEAREST ROAD: Logging roads

OBSERVED: I live in Washington. On August 19, 2018, my two brother-in-law’s and I went out on an overnight trip into the mountains in Wilkeson to the Cedar Lake area. It is a really secluded area and not many people go there. I am 22, one of my brother-in-law’s is 26, and the other is 14. We hiked down to the lake and got there about 11:30am. We started playing around setting up camp and we were screaming woops and having fun making echos through the day. There was a burn ban, so we didn’t have a fire at night and decided to go to bed around 11:45pm. My younger brother-in-law couldn’t fall asleep and was up almost all night. At just past 4:00am we we’re woken up by a very loud high pitch scream followed up with two high grunts. It sounded like it came from about 20 yards at the most to our south-east. I have spent quite a bit of time in the woods hiking and hunting, I can honestly say I have never heard a sound like that or of any animal that could. The hair on the back of our necks stood up and we we’re all terrified. None of us went back to sleep at all and at that point we we’re so scared we didn’t care about the burn ban, so we lit a small fire to light up the area and feel safer. Through the rest of the night, we heard some brush rustling and strange noises. We left in the morning and my younger brother-in-law said he will never return again. As for myself and my older brother-in-law neither of us believed in Bigfoot before this trip, in fact we had given our family a hard time for believing. After that night there is no question in our minds they exist and that we heard one very close to us!

ALSO NOTICED: Lots of animal sign, fish and crawdads in the lake and tons of blueberries and other edible plants.

OTHER WITNESSES: 3 and 2 of us were woken out of a dead sleep the other heard some brushes moving before the scream.

OTHER STORIES: I have heard of people experiencing things but I was very sceptical.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was just after 4:00 am it was pitch black and about 45-50 degrees. The air was smoaky from all the forest fires in the north and east.

ENVIRONMENT: It is a pine Forest down in a bowl with a lake and Creek and some marshy areas.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

I talked to this witness over the phone. I did not go to the site, as it was at the time inaccessible.

The events described in the report narrative occurred on August 19, 2018.

The witness and his two brothers-in-law go on an annual camping trip each year.

They arrived at the parking area around 12:00PM. They hiked down from the parking area to the lake and set up their camp. They spent the day whooping. At 4:00AM they heard a blood curdling scream. At first, they thought it was one of the other campers, then realized that it was not. All of them were scared and could not go back to sleep. They all stayed awake until morning.

The scream they heard was very close. It was high pitched, very loud, and followed by two short whoops. It repeated the sequence of screams and whoops three times. They had chills running down their spines (infrasound maybe?)

The creature that screamed at them was between their tents and the lake. They felt like it was at the water’s edge. They could also hear movement in the brush.

Looking at the map, there is a clearing on the south side of the lake. They set up camp in that clearing. There is a little beach there too. Their report directions differ somewhat, but it is easy to get directions turned around.

The events described by this witness would be consistent with expected sasquatch behavior. That they were making whoops all afternoon would attract the attention of any close-by sasquatches, which would wait until after dark to investigate the camp. I doubt that they were hearing elk, as it seems to be about a month too early for that.

In my opinion, these young men attracted the attention of a sasquatch, which came to investigate their campsite.

About BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

Scott Taylor is a retired aerospace manager. He lives in Mason County, Washington. He had his first bigfoot encounter in October 2005 where he was stalked and later heard vocalizations. He attended official BFRO Expeditions in the Washington Cascades in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. He also attended the 2007 BFRO Expedition in the central Oregon Cascades and the 2007 Utah Expedition in the Uinta’s. He attended the 2008 and 2009 Olympic Peninsula Expeditions and co-lead the 2013 Expedition. He has participated in numerous speaking engagements over the past 17 years.

You can read the full report here: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=60878

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *